Co-operative Education is often called ‘Co-op’. It is a partnership between HSN Volunteer Services and the school boards.
We oversee the placement of secondary school students interested in the medical field. The goal is to integrate classroom instruction with practical experience in the hospital setting.
It is also an opportunity to observe and interact with patients, families and HSN staff.
- Placements are not clinical or medical in application or nature
- Students will not perform or practice the duties and responsibilities of healthcare personnel.
The Cooperative Education program aims to:
- Develop essential knowledge, skills and attitudes for professional enhancement.
- Integrate and apply knowledge and skills acquired in the classroom.
- Enhance the student’s academic program and maximize their growth and development.
- Explore career choices.
- Encourage the student to pursue their post-secondary education.
- Earn credits towards a secondary school diploma or certificate.