We encourage you to share your positive experiences about you or a family member’s time at Health Sciences North. Your kind words are very meaningful to our staff and physicians.
We believe in partnering with our patients and learning from the patient experience. Your suggestions often help guide us to areas of opportunity and quality improvement.
You, your family, your significant other or substitute decision-maker have the right to tell us about your concerns. We would like to hear from you if you have concerns about your care or experience at HSN, a safety concern or a rights violation.
We encourage you to first speak with the nurse, physician or staff member involved.
- Your care team knows you best
- Discussing your questions or complaints may resolve any issues right away
- This is often the best way to proceed
If you are not satisfied or they are not available, ask to speak with the Charge nurse, Clinical Manager or Manager.
If you still have questions, concerns or comments, please contact the Patient Relations Office by Phone 705-523-7100 x 3737 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
On weekends or after business hours, please leave a voicemail and your call will be returned within a maximum of two business days. Please indicate the best way to contact you including your phone number and/or email.
- Respond to general inquires
- Provide you with information related to HSN
- Receive your patient experience feedback
- Receive, investigate and respond to your concerns related to your care, a rights violation or safety concern
- Receive and share a compliment with your care team
- Provide a safe, supportive environment
- Listen and support you through your experience
- Provide answers to your concerns
- Provide assistance to achieve a resolution of your complaint
- Ensure your feedback is shared with your care team and HSN leaders
- If possible, take action on any of our suggestions to improve the services and processes at HSN
If you are dissatisfied with the outcome from the HSN Patient Relations process, you also have the option of contacting the Patient Ombudsman who oversees the complaint process for public hospitals, long term care homes and community care access centres. The Patient Ombudsman can be contacted in the following ways:
By telephone: available Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4 p.m. at 1-888-321-0339
Mail: Box 130, 77 Wellesley Street West, Toronto, ON M7A 1N3
Fax: (416) 597 5372