The Application & Selection Process: What to Expect?
Step 1: Application
- Apply to a job posting listed under Career Opportunities by selecting “apply” beside the job posting.
- We wish to thank all applicants, however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted directly.
Step 2: Interview
- Should you be contacted by HSN as part of the selection process, accommodations are available upon your request to meet your accessibility needs.
Step 3: References
- Following the interview, employment references will be checked prior to receiving an offer. You will be asked to provide a release for HSN to contact three (3) employment references.
Step 4: Offer of employment and pre-employment conditions
- If you receive an offer of employment, the offer will be provided verbally followed by a written offer of employment. The offer will contain conditions that must be met prior to employment:
Occupational health clearance
All new hires must undergo a pre-placement health review in accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act 26 (1), Ontario Hospital Association/Medical Association (OHA/OMA) Communicable Disease Surveillance Protocols and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.
Once you have been provided with a verbal or written offer of employment you will be asked to submit and complete the pre-placement health assessment prior to your first day of work. All candidates must receive a fitness for work clearance from the Occupational Health and Safety Service (OHSS) before they can work at Health Sciences North. Upon offer of employment:
- You must complete the HSN Pre-placement Health Review Form in full and return it to the OHSS. It may take up to four (4) weeks to complete the lab tests and immunizations required to work at HSN.
- The completed form must be reviewed by an Occupational Health Nurse to determine whether additional information/clarification or further functional testing is required.
- Once the additional information/clarification is obtained and reviewed by the Occupational Health Nurse, s/he will communicate with you and your hiring manager whether you have been cleared to start work.
- Note: HSN will only collect this information once an offer of employment is made. The information collected is confidentially maintained by the Occupational Health Nurse.
Other conditions depending on the requirements of the job:
- Criminal Record/Vulnerable Sector Check may be required.
- HSN will validate education credentials in accordance with the job posting.
- HSN will validate professional licensing in accordance with the job posting.