Proof of COVID-19 Vaccine
Beginning November 22, visitors and Designated Care Partners will be required to show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination, or an approved medical exemption, along with government-issued photo I.D., in order to visit with patients at all Health Sciences North (HSN) facilities. This requirement will not apply to patients -- and no patients will be denied care or service due to their vaccination status.
Exceptions to the proof of vaccination requirement may be made for people visiting in the following circumstances based on compassionate reasons:
- Parents/Guardians of patients under 18 years of age;
- Designated Care partners of patients in labour and delivery;
- Designated Care partners and visitors of patients who are in a mental health crisis, have a life threatening emergency or a new life-altering or critical illness diagnoses where family presence is vital for the patient, family and or care team;
- Designated Care partners and visitors of patients who with a prognosis of 48-72 hours to live;
- Designated Care partners accompanying patients with communication, language barriers, physical or cognitive impairments;
- All visitors under the age of 12 and not yet eligible for vaccination.
Visitors who are not fully vaccinated, who do not have a medical exemption and who do not meet exception criteria will not be able to visit in-person. All visitors, regardless of vaccination status, continue to be required to follow our visitor guidelines when in the hospital including passing COVID-19 screening, wearing a mask at all times, maintaining physical distancing and following rules about visiting hours.
HSN will be using the Verify Ontario Mobile App to check a visitor’s QR Code before entering the hospital. It should be noted that HSN does not keep or track information as part of this process.
If you have received your COVID-19 vaccine but do not have proof of vaccination, you can retrieve your confirmation receipt by visiting covid19.ontariohealth.ca and following the step-by-step instructions. If you do not have a valid health card, please call the Provincial Vaccine Booking Line at 1-833-943-3900. This line is available 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., 7 days a week.