PCR testing is recommended for individuals if they belong to the following groups:
- Symptomatic people who fall into one of the following groups:
- Hospitalized patients
- Patients in Emergency Departments, at the discretion of the treating clinician
- Patient-facing health care workers
- Staff, residents, essential care providers, and visitors in hospitals and congregate living settings, including long-term care, retirement homes, First Nation elder care lodges, group homes, shelters, hospices, temporary foreign worker settings, and correctional institutions
- Outpatients for whom COVID-19 treatment is being considered
- Underhoused or homeless
- People who are from First Nation, Inuit, and Métis communities and individuals travelling into these communities for work
- Symptomatic elementary and secondary students and education staff who have received a PCR self-collection kit through their school
- People on admission/transfer to or from hospital or congregate living setting
- High-risk contacts and asymptomatic/symptomatic people in the context of confirmed or suspected outbreaks in high-risk settings, including hospitals, long-term care, retirement homes, other congregate living settings and institutions, and other settings as directed by the local public health unit
- Individuals, and one accompanying caregiver, with written prior approval for out-of-country medical services from the General Manager, OHIP
- Asymptomatic testing in hospital, long-term care, retirement homes and other congregate living settings and Institutions as per provincial guidance and/or Directives
HSN may decline requests for the COVID-19 PCR tests that are not part of these provincial recommendations.
COVID-19 test booking is now available through the new COVID-19 Online Booking System.
Please note that the previously-used online form to request an appointment will be discontinued effective March 02, 2022.
HSN’s COVID-19 Assessment Centre is located at 2050 Regent St.
Satellite locations that also offer COVID-19 testing can be requested when making a booking request by phone:
All three COVID-19 assessment options are by appointment only. They are designed to protect health care workers and patients alike from being exposed to the virus.
Swabs are done by collection of a nasopharyngeal swab.
Specimens collected at the Assessment Centre’s Regent St. location are exclusively tested by the HSN lab and are provided using RT-PCR on Health Canada and FDA approved instrumentation and assays which that are licensed for use in the province of Ontario, Canada.
HSN is a fully accredited clinical laboratory by Ontario’s Institute for Quality Management in Health (IQMH) whose standards are compliant with ISO15189.
Specimens collected at the satellite locations may be tested by the HSN lab or other accredited labs, depending on the reason for the collection.
If you no longer require your appointment, please cancel as soon as possible so that we can offer it to another person.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email must include:
- Your name
- Date of birth
- Phone number
- Location and date of your appointment.
NOTE: if your appointment is at the Primacy location, please call to cancel: 705-222-1115
If you wish to rebook your appointment, please complete the request at COVID19 appointment request.
The Bell Relay service (BRS) supports communication by phone between hearing people and people who are deaf, oral deaf, deafened, hard of hearing, or those with speech disabilities.
Contact a Bell Relay Operator (24/7)
1 800-855-0511 (to connect directly with someone who uses a TTY)
7 1 1 (if you are using a TTY)
1-800-855-1155 (TTY to TTY)
Please visit Bell Relay Service for more information.