Patient and Visitor Masking
Effective May 15th, HSN has introduced new masking policies that align with guidelines released by Public Health Ontario.
For patients/visitors/designated care partners: You are no longer required to wear a mask in public spaces including the cafeteria, lobbies and elevators, with the exception of high risk areas where masking remains a requirement.
Please see the table below to learn more about patient/visitor masking requirements:
|High Risk Areas:
- Emergency Department
- Shirley and Jim Fielding Northeast Cancer Cente
- Oncology (4 North Tower)
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU, 3 Centre Tower)
- Nephrology Unit (9 North Tower)
- Neo-Natal Intensive Care Unit (NICU, 3 Centre Tower)
- Cardiovascular Thoracic (3 Centre Tower)
- Cardiac Medical Unit (CMU, 5 North Tower)
- Inpatient Units: required to wear a mask when leaving their room in high risk areas
- Outpatient Areas: required to wear a mask at all times in high risk areas
- Required to wear a mask at all times in high risk areas, including while in patient rooms
- Inpatient Units: patients who have COVID -19 symptoms as identified on signage upon entering the building must wear a mask in all areas of the hospital, with the exception of their room.
- Outpatient Areas: masks are required at all times for patients who have COVID-19 symptoms as identified on signage upon entering the building.
- Inpatient Units: required at all times, while in patient rooms
|Masking Not Required
- Inpatient Units: not required unless patient has symptoms of COVID-19.
- Outpatient Areas: not required unless patient has symptoms of COVID-19 as identified on signage upon entering the building.
- Patients who pass COVID-19 screening as identified on signage upon entering the building are not required to mask in HSN public spaces.
- Not required in HSN public spaces
- Not required in Outpatients areas, including waiting rooms and treatment rooms unless area has been identified as a high risk area (i.e. Emergency Department, Cancer Centre etc..)
.Masks will continue to be available for anyone that prefers to wear one in all settings.
Please note the following important reminders for patients, Designated Care Partners and visitors when you arrive at the main entrance of the Ramsey Lake Health Centre:
- Please review signs and symptoms of COVID-19 as identified on signage upon entering the building.
- Eating or drinking is NOT permitted in patient rooms and only allowed in designated areas of the hospital (example: cafeteria).
- Wash your hands when entering the building, frequently during your stay, and when leaving.
- To visit a patient, you will be required to sign a visitor’s expectation sheet upon entering the unit confirming you understand these expectations.
* Please note that there may be specific unit or department level restrictions to hours and duration of visits, as each unit or department is unique with its physical layout and patient population. Adequate space for physical distancing and other safety practices are taken into consideration.